- Semolina 1 cup
- All purpose flour ½ cup
- Handi White lentils ground 2 tbsp
- Club soda for kneading the dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Potato 1 cup boiled
- Bondi (small gram flour dumplings) 2 cups
- Mint leaves ½ bunch
- Green chillies 3
- Water 1 liter
- Tamarind pulp ½ cup
- Roasted Handi coriander powder 1 tsp
- Roasted Handi cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Handi Chilli powder ½ tsp
- Handi Salt ½ tsp
- Ginger 2 tbsp chopped
- Lemon juice 3 tbsp
For Sour Water:
- In a blender put together ginger, mint leaves, green chillies and blend to a fine paste.
- Mix in water with tamarind pulp, lemon juice, roasted cumin, roasted coriander powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well.
- The water should be tangy and spicy. Strain water and keep in the fridge to chilli or add ice and use.
For Gol Gappa:
- In a bowl mix together semolina, flour, white lentil, knead with club soda to from a stiff dough.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes, then knead once again.
- Make marbles size bals with little oil on your hands, roll out into puri with a rolling pin, secure between two layers of wet cloth, roll out all of them and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Deep fry on medium heat till they puff up, reduce heat and fry till crisp.
- Puncture the Gol gappa with tip of your thumb, add 1 tsp of filling and top it with the sour water, if you like it a little sweet add little sweet tamarind or plum chutney before adding the water.