For beef stock list 1
- beef with bones meat 500-550 g
- onion 1 medium
- garlic cloves 4-5
- ginger 1 inch piece
- whole coriander 1 tbsp
- Handi fennel seeds 1 tbsp
For remaining recipe:
- Handi basmati rice 2-1/2 cup (almost 500 g)
- Handi ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- onion 1 big
- Handi salt 2-1/2 tsp or as required
- green chilies 3-4 (add more if you like spicy)
- yogurt 250 g
- Handi white vinegar 1 tbsp
- caraway seeds (kala zeera) 1 tsp
- cinnamon stick (darchini) 1 small
- small cardamom (choti ilaichi) 5-6
- Handi cloves (long) 8-9
- Handi whole black pepper (9-10)
- Soak Handi basmati rice for 1/2 hour.
- Now for beef stock in a pan add all list 1 ingredients.
- Add 2 glasses of water and give it pressure for 15 minutes pressure. If you are cooking it in normal pan add 3 glass water and cook until the meat is nicely tender.
- Once the meat is nicely tender add beef stock in it and save for future use.
- Take a strainer and strain the cooked beef in it to separate the beef and the stock. Shake the beef pieces so that there is no fennel seeds and coriander left in it.
- Throw the coriander and fennel seeds but save the meat and stock.
- Take a big pan, add 1/4 cup oil in it with finely sliced onions, cook on medium heat until they are nicely brown.
- Take out onions and set a side, this will be used in the end.
- Next, in the same oil, add all items from list 3 like Handi whole garam masala. Stir it for 5 seconds and ensure that it does not burn.
- Next, in same oil, add all list 3 items including Handi whole garam masala. Stir for 5 seconds and ensure that it does not burn.
- Add beef with 1 tbsp Handi ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add yogurt and green chilies with salt. Stir for 5-10 seconds.
- Add 4 cups of beef stock and separate. If its less than 4 cups, add water and let it boil.
Use the same cup for measuring the stock when it’s used for measuring rice.
- Add soaked rice. and cook it on high heat until all the water evaporates. Try not to stir it much so that the rice doesn’t break.
- Add Handi fried onion on top and add 1 tbsp of Handi white vinegar. (The Handi white vinegar helps rice not to stick together)
- With the tight lid on, place something heavy on top and cook in very low heat for 10 minutes.
- 16. Beef yakhni pulao is ready. serve it with yogurt dip (raita).