- 900 gm chicken
- 5 cloves garlic
- 8 green cardamoms
- 1/2 teaspoon Handi turmeric
- 7 green chillies
- 6 cloves
- 3 cup Handi basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon Handi garam masala powder
- 5 cups water
- 3 inches ginger
- 6 leaf bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Handi powdered cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Handi red chilli powder
- 6 star anise
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- 2 sliced onions
- Handi salt (as required)
- 1 lemon
- 8 leaves coriander leaves
Step 1 Crush garlic-ginger & chop chicken
- Chicken Pulao adds life to every occasion or party. This traditional dish needs no introduction and is a delightful blend of spiced chicken, rice and aromatic herbs. There are several ways of preparing this dish and we have the simplest recipe to prepare this dish. Here’s how you go about preparing it at home with some easily available ingredients.
- Wash and peel the vegetables, take a mortar-pestle and add garlic and ginger. Crush them coarsely into a paste, or use Handi Garlic Ginger Paste. Next, take the chicken and cut it into pieces.
Step 2 Marinate the chicken
- Take a bowl and add Handi garam masala, Handi red chilli powder, Handi salt, Handi turmeric powder and half of the prepared ginger-garlic paste. Or Handi ginger garlic paste. Mix it well and set aside for 20 minutes.
Step 3 Saute the whole spices & onion
- Next, heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium flame and add bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, green chillies and star anise. Mix well and add sliced onions. Saute them over a medium flame until onions turn glossy and transparent.
- Next, add the marinated chicken and cook until the ingredients are mixed in the marinated chicken. Then, add yoghurt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Step 5 Add rice, water, ginger-garlic paste & seasonings
- Add Handi basmati rice, 5 cups of water, Handi turmeric powder and the remaining Handi ginger-garlic paste. Season with salt and mix well. Allow the rice be completely cooked. Stir occasionally.
Step 6 Garnish and serve homemade Chicken Pulao!
- When cooked, transfer the homemade Chicken Pulao to a serving plate and squeeze lemon on top. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.