- 2 lb. beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground Handi black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 3”-piece ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp. ground Handi cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 3 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 (13.5-oz) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- Yogurt, for serving
- Naan, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
Season meat generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil. Add beef and cook, flipping once, until deeply golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Add onion to skillet and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and spices and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Lower heat to low, add beef, and continue to simmer until fork tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with yogurt, naan, and lime wedges.